Be aware of Rental Scams please read below before proceeding
Every day, we see rental Ads about fantastic deals: entire rooms and even complete apartments, fully-furnished and in ideal locations, for an unbelievable price. Well…..if it sounds too good to be true it probably is a scam!
But how do you know it is not a rental scam? Below are some common tips to help you decide.
*******First look over the “landlords” Facebook page. IF IT IS LOCKED forget about it, they are probably fake. If it new or does not have much information, friends, posts this could be your first HUGE RED FLAG!
*******If they ask you to pay them via wire transfer for you to get the keys or want you to sign before even seeing anything. That is a BIG RED FLAG!
Here is a list of red flags for rental scams.
- A landlord is out of the country.
- They won’t let you view the property first.
- The listing details are not thorough.
- They are ready to make a deal with no background information, credit check or any type of verification.
- They want you to sign before seeing anything.
- The asking rent prices and low or very high don’t match up the average market prices.
- They insist that you wire the money via Venmo, Pay Pal, Zelle etc. and are PUSHY ABOUT IT.
- Owner asking for your personal information…BIG RED FLAG!!!! (credit card info, and so on).