Welcome to – JerseyTennis.net
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE TO GET NOTIFICATIONS HERE New Jersey Tennis Community Facebook Page over 2,100 tennis members strong! Not a Facebook member..no problem, sign up at bottom of page.
THIS IS AN “OPEN PLAY” CO-ED LEAGUE…NOT A TOURNAMENT
Winter Tennis League 2022-23
(Co-Ed) SIGN UP & SUBMIT PAYMENT – This is NOT A TOURNAMENT, it’s a league
- About the Winter Co-Ed League (Singles) Limited number of players allowed, sign up now to insure your spot. Spots are filling fast.
- For league updates please join and visit our New Jersey Tennis Community Facebook Page
- Start Date: December 1, 2022 – End Date: April 30, 2023 Length of League- Approx. 4 months of play and play as many matches as you can. The last day to report results is April 30, 2023 at 11:59 pm – no results will be accepted past that date and time, so please report asap after match. Report Match Results Here
- League Fee – Cost $15.00 –play as many games and make as many tennis friends as you can.
- Registration & Payment Date Cut Off – November 30, 2022 – (Basically, the more you play and the more you win the more chances you have of winning a prize-MINIMUM OF 10 MATCHES MUST BE PLAYED to qualify for prize)
- Highest Point Total – Prize TBD
- Most Matches Played -Prize TBD
- Winning Percentage -Prize TBD
- *Highest point total winner- If there is a tie it will be decided by a one match play off.
How it works- Co-Ed League Format & FAQ:
- FIRST AND FOREMOST – Remember this is supposed to be fun, we are not giving USTA Ratings or anything, you will not win a million dollars. Most of the participants are weekend players who just enjoy the game. Any unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
- How do I register and submit payment?– Use the form at the bottom of this page.
- How do I submit payment? (no refunds will be given once the league begins) last day to register for league is November 30, 2022.
- Venmo 973-256-8400 Warren Damiano
- Zelle 973-256-8400 Warren Damiano
- PayPal – We can invoice you if payment is not sent via Zelle or Venmo
- Do I have to be USTA Rated to play?
- No, you DO NOT have to be USTA rated, this is a fun league for all playing levels.
- Playing Levels- This league is open to all levels – be honest, please don’t rate yourself down one level just to get wins.
- Beginner (Approx. Self Rating 1.0 – 2.9)
- Intermediate (Approx. Self Rating 3.0 – 4.5)
- Advanced (Approx. Self Rating 4.6 and up)
- How do I schedule matches and how many can I play?
- You will be given a chart (which will also be posted online) with all league members names, phone numbers, playing level, email addresses, locations and playing time preferences, you can then contact them directly to schedule a match anytime and any place that is mutually agreeable. Find a list of Public Courts here.
- You may play as many matches as you would like. (But you may only play the same opponent 2 times on different days) The more matches you play, the more chances of winning.
- How do I challenge an opponent and who can I challenge?
- You can challenge ANYONE in the league, Beginners can challenge Advanced and vice versa. The more matches you play the more chance you have of winning one of the prizes. A list of league players will be posted online via a password protected page and you will also be sent a list of members that are participating.
- The list will state league members name, gender, phone, email, player level and preferred playing times.
- Where do I submit match results? Report Match Results Here
- Is this strictly and Men or Women’s League? and Can I challenge and play a male if I am a female and vice versa?
- The League is combined to be both male and female which give everyone more of a chance to play.
- All participants are grouped together and you can challenge and play anyone male/female in the league.
- Can a Beginner or Woman win the grand prize?
- Certainly…play a lot of matches, play a lot of people on your level, play up a level, beat an intermediate and get 4 points or beat an advance player and get 5 points.
- IMPORTANT–How are points awarded? (May Be Subject to change)
- Approximately every 2 weeks we will be posting current standings and leaders.
- Point scenarios -Basically, if you play up a level or two, the more points you are awarded, if you play down a level or two, the less points you are awarded.
- Same level player beats same level player – winner gets 3 points, loser 0 points
- IF: Beginner plays Intermediate
- If Beginner wins, winner gets 4 Points, loser 0 points
- If Intermediate wins, winner gets 2 Points loser 0 points
- IF: Beginner plays Advanced
- If Beginner wins, winner gets 5 Points, loser 0 points
- If Advanced wins, winner gets 1 Point, loser 0 Points
- IF: Intermediate plays Advanced
- If Intermediate wins, winner gets 4 Points, loser 0 points
- If Advanced wins, winner get 2 Points, loser 0 points
- Game Play
- Regular Tennis Rules will be in effect.
- Matches can be either 1 set or best of 3, what ever is decided upon prior to the match starting.
- Disputed calls – Players will be on their honor to make calls themselves. Please remember this is a FUN league and you will not be winning a $ million dollars if you win, so please play with good sportsmanship.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. Please report to email@example.com
- The winner (or either party) should report results on this form -click here.