Welcome to – JerseyTennis.net
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE TO GET NOTIFICATIONS HERE New Jersey Tennis Community Facebook Page over 2,250 tennis members strong! Not a Facebook member..no problem, sign up at bottom of page.
YOU COULD WIN U.S. Open Tickets – see details below
PLEASE READ BELOW IN DETAIL BEFORE YOU ASK SILLY QUESTIONS
THIS IS AN “OPEN PLAY” CO-ED LEAGUE…NOT A TOURNAMENT
SUMMER TENNIS LEAGUE 2023
Use the form at the bottom of this page to sign up. – Last year we had 68 summer league players!
- About the Winter Co-Ed League (Singles) Limited number of players allowed, sign up now to insure your spot as spots tend to fill up fast.
- For league updates please join and visit our New Jersey Tennis Community Facebook Page
- Start Date: June 1, 2023 – End Date: August 15, 2023 Length of League- Approx. 3.5 months of play and play as many matches as you can. The last day to report results is August 15, 2023 at 11:59 pm – no results will be accepted past that date and time, so please report asap after match.
- League Fee – Cost $19.00 –play as many games and make as many tennis friends as you can.
- Registration & Payment Date Cut Off – May 20, 2023 – (Basically, the more you play and the more you win the more chances you have of winning a prize-
- PRIZES–MINIMUM OF 10 MATCHES MUST BE PLAYED to qualify for prize)
- Highest Point Total – U.S. Open Tickets (or maximum $150 credit toward tickets)
- Most Matches Played -Prize TBD U.S. Open Tennis Gear TBD
- Winning Percentage -Prize TBD U.S. Open Tennis Gear TBD
- *Highest point total winner- If there is a tie it will be decided by a one match play off.
How it works- Co-Ed League Format & FAQ:
- FIRST AND FOREMOST – Remember this is supposed to be fun, we are not giving USTA Ratings or anything, you will not win a million dollars. Most of the participants are weekend players who just enjoy the game. Any unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
- How do I register and submit payment?– Use the form at the bottom of this page.
- How do I submit payment? (no refunds will be given once the league begins) last day to register for league is May 20, 2023.
- Venmo 973-256-8400 @Warren-Damiano
- Zelle 973-256-8400 Warren Damiano
- PayPal – We can invoice you if payment is not sent via Zelle or Venmo
- Do I have to be USTA Rated to play?
- No, you DO NOT have to be USTA rated, this is a fun league for all playing levels.
- Playing Levels- This league is open to all levels North/South/Central Jersey – be honest, please don’t rate yourself down one level just to get wins.
- Beginner (Approx. Self Rating 1.0 – 2.9)
- Intermediate (Approx. Self Rating 3.0 – 3.9)
- Advanced (Approx. Self Rating 4.0 and up)
- How do I schedule matches and how many can I play?
- You will be given a chart (which will also be posted online) with all league members names, phone numbers, playing level, email addresses, locations and playing time preferences, you can then contact them directly to schedule a match anytime and any place that is mutually agreeable. Find a list of Public Courts here.
- You may play as many matches as you would like. (But you may only play the same opponent 2 times on different days) The more matches you play, the more chances of winning.
- How do I challenge an opponent and who can I challenge?
- You can challenge ANYONE in the league, Beginners can challenge Advanced and vice versa.
- The list will state league members name, gender, phone, email, player level and preferred playing times.
- Prior to the league start date you will be sent a contact list for all players in the summer league-last year we had 68 players.
- Where do I submit match results? Results page posted on league start date
- Is this strictly and Men or Women’s League? and Can I challenge and play a male if I am a female and vice versa?
- The League is combined to be both male and female which give everyone more of a chance to play.
- All participants are grouped together and you can challenge and play anyone male/female in the league.
- Can a Beginner or Woman win the grand prize?
- Certainly…play a lot of matches, play a lot of people on your level, play up a level, beat an intermediate and get 4 points or beat an advanced player and get 5 points.
- IMPORTANT–How are points awarded? (May Be Subject to change)
- Approximately every 2 weeks we will be posting current standings and leaders.
- Point scenarios -Basically, if you play up a level or two, the more points you are awarded, if you play down a level or two, the less points you are awarded.
- Same level player beats same level player – winner gets 3 points, loser 0 points
- IF: Beginner plays Intermediate
- If Beginner wins, winner gets 4 Points, loser 0 points
- If Intermediate wins, winner gets 2 Points loser 0 points
- IF: Beginner plays Advanced
- If Beginner wins, winner gets 5 Points, loser 0 points
- If Advanced wins, winner gets 1 Point, loser 0 Points
- IF: Intermediate plays Advanced
- If Intermediate wins, winner gets 4 Points, loser 0 points
- If Advanced wins, winner get 2 Points, loser 0 points
- Game Play
- Regular Tennis Rules will be in effect.
- Matches can be either 1 set or best of 3, what ever is decided upon prior to the match starting.
- Disputed calls – Players will be on their honor to make calls themselves. Please remember this is a FUN league and you will not be winning a $ million dollars if you win, so please play with good sportsmanship.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. Please report to email@example.com or text 973-256-8400