Welcome to – JerseyTennis.net
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – New Jersey Tennis Community Facebook Page over 1,300 tennis members strong!
NORTH JERSEY SUMMER (fun) INTERMEDIATE TOURNAMENT
- SORRY ALL BRACKETS FULL~~~SORRY ALL BRACKETS FULL~~~SORRY ALL BRACKETS FULL~~~
- Important Information –NORTH JERSEY SUMMER INTERMEDIATE (fun) TOURNAMENT
- Registration & Payment Date Cut Off -June 28, 2022 –SORRY ALL BRACKETS FULL~~~
- Projected Tournament Start Date – July 1, 2022
- Time Frame – 4-6 Weeks of Play if you make it to the finals
- Tournament & Court Location – “Open Play” first several rounds. (see description below)
- Any questions/comments (and preferably no complaints 😡) can be directed to Warren Damiano at 973-256-8400 or email@example.com
Tournament Format: -Report Match Results Below
- “OPEN PLAY” – We realize everyone has a busy life…thus we have created an “Open Play” style tournament. “Open Play” means that for the first several rounds players can play at their will at a mutually agreeable location and time agreed upon by both. (Another words…Play when and where you can within that weeks bracket) The match must be played within the allotted time frame specified for that bracket. (typically one week- but being this is a summer league it may go a little longer because of vacations) depending on the amount of players signed up. Find a list of Public Courts here.
- Keep in mind…This is a NORTH JERSEY INTERMEDIATE LEVEL but ANYONE can join but if you are located in South or Central Jersey you MUST travel to North Jersey to play your match.
- Playing Levels- This tournament is open INTERMEDIATE LEVEL players only. (Beginners can join if they feel they are ready for stepped up competition) No advanced players please!
- (1 or Best of 3 Sets?) – Players are free to play either one set or best of three sets as agreed upon prior to the match starting.
- Double Elimination- You have to lose two to get eliminated
- Reporting Match Results -There are two ways to report results.
- Text me 973-256-8400 state Winner Name/Loser Name
- Use reporting form at bottom of page.
- Only the finals will the matches be required to be best of 3 sets. The finals will be played on reserved courts (Probably Little Falls) and they will be the only SCHEDULED matches.
- Winners in each division will get trophies and recognition on our Facebook page (we are not in this for $$) 😂
- Games and Tournament Play
- Regular Tennis Rules will be in effect.
- Both players will supply one can of new balls. The winner of the match will be given the unused new can for the next match
- Brackets and Opponents will be posted well in advance. Please check the bracketing link on the top of this page. (when posted)
- Disputed calls – Players will be on their honor to make calls themselves. Please remember this is a FUN tournament and you will not be winning a $ million dollars if you win, so please play with good sportsmanship.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. Please report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The winner (or either party) should report results of match to email@example.com by Sunday night of the week end so we can post next weeks brackets on Monday to begin next round.
- These rules are subject to change at anytime, and more rules may be added so please check back often.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to be USTA Rated to play?
- No you DO NOT have to be USTA rated, these are fun tournaments for all playing levels.
- Where does the tournament take place?
- As stated, the first several rounds will be “Open Play” which means you contact your opponent and schedule a date and time within that week to play. Click here for a list of Public Courts. Keep in mind these are public courts and you may have to wait to play.
- Only the finals be scheduled at a pre-determined date and location.
- How do I know who I am playing?
- Bracketing will be posted every week on Monday (typically by 12:00 pm) on the sheet will be your opponents contact information both cell phone and email. Please use that to make contact asap and schedule a match.
- What happens if my opponent and I can not get the match in within the time allotted?
- Please do your best within a week, you should be able to get the match in. This will hold up future matches and will inconvenience other players. Bracketing times are set and can not be changed at this point. We may possibly have subs that will fill in for a match if notified early enough. If an opponent keeps refusing to play that week, please forward the emails or text message and we shall deal with it on a case by case basis. Hopefully it all works out and we play and have fun.
- What should I bring?
- Both players should bring a new can of balls, open one can and the winner takes the unopened can for the next match.
- What are the prizes?
- Trophies for the First and Second Place
- Recognition on our Facebook page.
- Any questions? Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-256-8400